Do you know how delicious the Smothered Chicken and Rice recipe is! Chicken and rice grilled with cream of chicken soup, mozzarella, bacon and milk. I by no means left this food on a plate after I ate it.
This was super easy to make. It actually took five mins to gather and it became ready for the oven. Whip up some green beans and biscuits at the same time as the Smothered Chicken and Rice is baking and dinner might be on the desk in approximately half-hour. You seriously can’t beat that!
This casserole makes use of 2 cups of cooked rice. You could make the rice in advance of time and refrigerate it till you’re equipped to bake this casserole. Use your favorite soft rice, long grain rice, brown rice, and a bag of packaged rice. Just ensure to use one which you and your family enjoy!
This has quickly grow to be a fave in our house. It has already been asked for dinner once more this weekend! Can’t wait!! We love to serve this with biscuits and inexperienced beans.Print
- 2 cups cooked rice
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 (10.75-oz) can Cream of Chicken soup
- 1½ lbs boneless skinless chicken tenders
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella
- 8 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Spread cooked rice in bottom of prepared pan. Top with chicken tenders. Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt.
- Mix together cream of chicken soup and milk. Pour over chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top chicken with shredded cheeses. Sprinkle cooked bacon on top of cheese. Return to oven and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
Keywords: Smothered Chicken and Rice ― Adapted From Plain Chicken