- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (use low-sodium if desired)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- (optional toppings: sliced scallions and toasted sesame seeds)
- Add the chicken breasts to the lowest of your slow cooker in a single layer.
- In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the garlic, onion, soy sauce, ginger, rice wine vinegar, honey, and black pepper till blended. Pour the mixture on pinnacle of the chicken breasts. Cover slow cooker, and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or till the chicken is cooked through and shreds effortlessly with a fork. Remove the chook with a slotted spoon to a separate bowl and shred it using two forks. Transfer the remaining teriyaki sauce from the slow cooker to a medium saucepan.
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl, whisk together the cold water and cornstarch until the cornstarch is dissolved and now not lumpy. Pour the cornstarch slurry into the teriyaki sauce combination, and whisk to mix. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, and allow it boil for about 1-2 minutes or till thickened. Remove from heat, and pour the sauce on top of the shredded hen. Toss to combine.
- Top with sesame seeds and roasted chives (green onions) if desired.
- Calories: 227kcal
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 542mg
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Protein: 25g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
Keywords: Recipe for Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken - Adapted From Gimme Some Oven Blog