This garlic and honey chicken recipe is easy to prepare and will be a favorite for the whole family! Made from chicken breast and four ingredients, garlic and honey sauce. Add chopped broccoli, cauliflower, pepper, carrots, or peas, and stir the mixture over the garlic chicken fire.
Weekday dinner is much simpler than this honey garlic chicken! If you think about the right time to go to a restaurant, wait for food, then drive home, this is faster than takeaway.
How to make chicken garlic honey
Step 1: Garlic and honey sauce
First mix honey, soy sauce, olive oil, and seafood sauce together to make chicken garlic and honey. Set the sauce mixture aside for later.
Step 2: chicken
For this recipe, I used to have chicken breasts without bones. If you like meat to increase fat, you can also use chicken thighs.
Try cutting the chicken into equal size so that they can finish cooking at the same time. Cut the chicken into small pieces and add salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
Step 3: flour
To coat the chicken in crunchy skin, coat the skin with flour before frying. I found the easiest way to put chicken nuggets in a gallon sized plastic bag.
Add the flour and cover the top of the bag, and shake the chicken until the flour is evenly covered.
Step 4: frying
After that, it’s time to cook chicken. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add marinated and enveloped chicken.
Cook for about three minutes, then turn it over and cook on the other side.
Add chopped garlic and stir for two minutes
Step 5: Spice
Finally, it’s time to add the spice mixture. Reduce heat to medium and pour in the sauce. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Garnish with toasted sesame and onion slices before serving with rice, pasta or broccoli rice.
Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe FAQs
1. Does this recipe require chicken breasts?
This recipe requires chicken breasts, but the thighs or chicken breasts are also good.
2. Why cut the chicken breasts into small pieces before cooking?
In this recipe, the chicken breast is cut into smaller pieces, which will cook faster, have more crunchy pieces, and get the honey and garlic sauce in more places. However, you can keep the chicken breasts full if you like, but depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts, you need to extend the cooking time.
3. What can I add to this honey garlic chicken?
Add chopped broccoli, cauliflower, pepper, carrots or peas, and stir fried with garlic chicken and honey.
4. My sauce has no thickness. What should I do?
If you want thick soy sauce, mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch into 2 tablespoons of cold water. Pour the mixture into the sauce.
5. Is the garlic and honey sauce very thick? What should I do?
If you want to use a thin sauce, add a small amount of water at one time until it reaches the desired consistency.
6. How to make this formula gluten-free?
To make this gluten-free food, use flour or gluten-free corn starch instead of flour, or skip the flour coating and thicken the sauce with cornstarch as shown above. Also make sure to use gluten-free soy sauce, seafood sauce and sesame seeds.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt, black pepper, and garlic powder
- 2 tbsp sliced green onions
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Honey Garlic Sauce
- Whisk collectively honey, light soy sauce, olive oil, and hoisin sauce in a small bowl. Set apart for later.
Honey Garlic Chicken
- Cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts into pieces. Sprinkle with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Put the bird pieces in a gallon sized plastic bag. Add the flour, close the pinnacle of the bag, and shake the chicken to coat it evenly with flour.
- Heat olive oil over medium-excessive warmness. Add the flour lined chicken. Cook for approximately 3 minutes, turn the pieces over and prepare dinner for some other 3 mins.
- Add the minced garlic, stir and prepare dinner for 2 mins.
- Turn the heat down to medium. Add the honey garlic sauce. Stir and cook dinner for 3-four minutes.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 444kcal
- Sodium: 1009mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Protein: 27g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
Keywords: Honey Garlic Chicken