This healthy recipe is made with your choice of pasta, tender chicken, broccoli and our delicious cheddar mushroom sauce.
If you get bigger and eat broccoli chicken, raise your hands! If your hands always include a bowl of mushroom soup cream, use your hands! Ah, we could say, this is what all the great kids did in the 1980s. those For those who still want to eat casserole from time to time, today I have a modern version and I think you will love it.
Meet my 100% scratch, lighter, still super creamy and cheese, relaxing broccoli casserole recipe!
It’s made with all the classic ingredients from the broccoli chicken tagine recipe in my childhood, which got us to 2019. We talk about a lot of broccoli (you can use fresh or frozen), soft chicken (you can use the kebab store as a shortcut), and your choice of pasta (I can Use whole wheat, but whichever is good) cheddar cheese (get something good!). Then instead of a canned mushroom cream cream, the cauliflower chicken recipe was changed into a homemade creamy mushroom sauce made from fresh mushrooms and spices to ensure that this dish is fresh and delicious casserole.
The best modern, creamy, comfortable and comfortable food. And be prepared because it will disappear in a flash.
Let’s cook casserole chicken!
Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ingredients:
Before reading the full recipe below, let’s talk about our shopping list. To make a broccoli chicken casserole recipe, you will need:
- Pasta: Literally, any of your favorite pasta can work here (semolina), whole wheat, gluten-free, eggs or any other alternative pasta you like.
- Cauliflower: You can use fresh cauliflower (about one large head, cut into small flowers) or frozen cauliflower (about 1 lb) to make this recipe.
- Mushroom: I love the cremini mushroom flavor in this recipe for broccoli casserole. But any mushroom you like wants to do.
- Cream sauce: butter (or olive oil), onion, garlic, flour, broth (chicken or vegetables), milk (of any kind), dijon, salt and pepper.
- Cheddar Cheese: I really recommend buying a good chunk of cheddar cheese for this recipe and cutting it yourself.
- Chicken: Any chicken cooked can be used in this recipe! You can use my favorite recipe of grilled chicken, or you can fry both breasts with olive oil in a skillet until they are tender. Or, as a shortcut, please seal the roast chicken freely.
How to Make This Casserole:
To make this recipe casserole chicken dish, just …
- Cooking pasta and broccoli. Cook pasta in a large amount of boiling water (do not forget to add water to salt!) Until the teeth harden. But the plot is distorted! 1 minute before cooking pasta, throw the broccoli in water for quick cooking. Drained.
- Make mushroom sauce. At the same time, we will study spices. Pour onions, then add mushrooms and garlic in butter (or oil) until smooth. Pour some flour and cook for 1 minute (this will increase the thickness of the sauce). Then add the broth, milk, dijon, salt and pepper, and cook until the sauce boils. Stir in half the grated cheese, season and adjust any seasonings as needed.
- Put it all together. In a large 9 x 13 inch baking dish, mix all cooked pasta with food, broccoli, mushroom sauce and chicken together.
- the bread. Bake for 15 minutes. Then remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese evenly on a casserole dish and bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Please enjoy! The service is pleasant and warm and can be decorated with extra black pepper and / or fresh herbs if needed.
Want to customize this casserole broccoli chicken recipe? Randomly …
- Use different proteins: Use this dish instead of chicken instead of cooked sausage, ham, steak, or shrimp, all delicious.
- Use rice instead of pasta: to make classic chicken and casserole rice, cook one cup (uncooked) according to the packing instructions. Then move it in a casserole dish as you would pasta.
- Use another cheese: if cheddar is not your thing, this dish can also be taken with mozzarella and delicious parmesan cheese. Or some hot pepper is also delicious!
- Adding Fresh Herbs: Feel free to add some fresh Italian herbs (such as parsley, basil, rosemary or thyme).
Make it vegan: We made a vegan version to test this recipe by deleting chicken, and the broccoli tagine itself was awesome. Or, of course, you’re welcome to add some extra vegetables.
- Make it gluten-free: Use gluten-free pasta, and season it with a global gluten-free mixture. (Alternatively, you can add a few tablespoons of gluten-free cornstarch to cold milk before adding it to the sauce.)
The delicious broccoli chicken recipe is made with your choice of pasta, tender chicken, broccoli and our delicious savory mushroom sauce. See note above for possible synthetic changes.
- 1 large head of broccoli*, cut into bite-sized florets (about 1 pound of florets)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces baby bella (cremini) mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups diced (or shredded) cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta* (I used whole-wheat rotini)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Boil the pasta in a large bowl and soak it until it boils. However, about a minute before the pasta is cooked, broccoli is added to the boiling water of pasta and stir the mixture. Drain pasta and broccoli and set aside.
- At the same time, heat the butter (or oil) in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and garlic and stir for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms are tender.
- Pour the flour evenly over the onion mixture and stir the mixture until added. Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add leaves and move everything together until most blocks disappear. Add milk, dijon, salt and pepper and stir the mixture. Keep cooking the sauce until it boils. Remove from heat and stir in one cup of chopped cheese until mixed together. If necessary, season with salt and pepper.
- In a large 9 “x 13” baking dish, mix cooked pasta, broccoli, mushroom and chicken sauce. Toss up the merge. The sand is casserole evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese evenly over a casserole, and bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Serve warm and garnish with black pepper and / or fresh herbs.
- * Pasta: Any type of traditional pasta (semolina), whole wheat, eggs, gluten-free pasta or other grains can be used.
- * Broccoli: If you prefer, you can use 1 lb of frozen broccoli (thaw) instead of fresh broccoli.
- Serving Size: 6-8 SERVINGS
Keywords: Healthier Broccoli Chicken Casserole