Love simple recipes on hand, shredded chicken and pasta. I don’t know you, but since I didn’t use the entire box, it always seemed to me to randomly pack a bag of remaining noodles.
This chicken tagine only requires two cups of noodles, so this is a good way to use this small amount.
I will use grilled chicken or spiced mixed chicken / the rest. You can even use some meat taco leftovers! Shredded pork or something else. As long as you use 2 cups of any selected meat.
My Tips for Making This Chicken Casserole Recipe
Replace chicken with everything you want! The rest of the minced pork or beef, and even the remaining tacos are beef.
If you don’t like black beans, use pinto beans or other favorite beans.
You can use any cheese you want. It always seems to me to put Colby Jack cheese in the fridge, so I always use this cheese in the end.
Make it hot as needed. Add some sweet peppers or hot peppers, and even some chopped jalapeno to the dish.
The best pasta is spiral noodles, such as rotini or fusilli. It has happened that there are no snail pasta left when making it, which is why you can’t see it in the picture. However, it is better to use spiral noodles. What kind is fine!
Use fresh salsa very well in this recipe. I always love to use guacamole and other things to buy the fresh salsa they have in the production area. The taste of the sauce really shines in this dish, making it a good casserole.
Casserole carnival chicken filled with pieces of chicken, soft pasta, corn and black beans, all in a tired chicken tagine. A simple way to make and use the rest of the chicken or the grill.
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 can (15 oz) corn (drained)
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 2 cups cooked shredded/chunked chicken
- Heat oven to 350 stages. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in step with package directions. Don’t overlook to salt the pasta water. I use approximately 1 teaspoon salt.
- While pasta is cooking, combine sour cream, salsa, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder in a massive blending bowl.
- Drain the pasta while it is executed cooking and upload into the bitter cream combination. Stir to combine. Add in the corn, black beans, chook, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Stir collectively to mix.
- Pour into the baking dish and sprinkle the final cheese on pinnacle. Cover with tin foil and prepare dinner for 20 mins.
- Take the tin foil off and allow prepare dinner a further five mins. Garnish with green onions, tomato, and avocado slices if desired.
I found it better to use some fresh salsa from the grocery production area instead of caramel salsa on the shelves. You can of course use stimulating salsa, I just think that fresh salsa tastes better, and it seems like there aren’t a lot of liquids in salsa.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 350 kcal
Keywords: Fiesta Chicken Casserole