Broccoli cheese soup is my relaxing food. When it’s cold and snowy outside, there’s nothing easier than making a bowl of warm homemade soup easily in a warm saucepan. This clay cauliflower cheddar soup can be prepared in just 10 minutes, and it will become a family favorite of not only in winter but all year round.
Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup – Ultimate Comfort Food
This cozy classic kitchen satisfies the whole family. Our family loves clay cauliflower soup and French banquets, and in special cases, cream soup is also added to the baking bowl.
What You’ll Need to Make This Crockpot Soup Recipe
- yellow onion
- cheddar cheese
- 2% evaporated milk
- vegetable broth
- broccoli florets
- grated carrots
- salt and pepper
- reduced fat cream cheese
- minced garlic
- Italian seasoning
How to Make Broccoli Cheese Soup in the Slow Cooker
Put the broccoli, carrots, onions and garlic in a slow saucepan.
Covered with cream cheese, Italian spices and chicken broth. Move and distribute the ingredients. Close the lid, increase the temperature, and cook for 2 hours. Or cook for at least 4-6 hours.
Remove and stir evaporated milk. Mix the broccoli cream soup with an immersion blender or food processor, making sure the soup is hot. Make about two-thirds of the soup puree, leaving a few pieces of broccoli. If you are using a food processor, mix one soup cup at a time because the soup temperature will be high.
When making broccoli cheese soup in a frying pan, I prefer keeping large chops of broccoli, but others prefer a smoother feel.
Stir in salt, pepper and grated cheese. Cover the pan again and cook until the cheese melts completely and the soup becomes hot, and another 5 to 10 minutes.
Warm broccoli soup with cheddar soup and add cheddar cheese as needed.
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups grated cheddar
- ½ onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 1/2 cups grated monterey jack
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 32 ounces broccoli florets
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Add broccoli, onions, garlic, chicken, broth, cream, mustard, salt, pepper and red pepper to a slow cooker in six quarters.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours or until broccoli becomes tender.
- Use the immersion mixer to stir the soup evenly. Instead, transfer the soup carefully in batches to the blender and stir. Use caution when mixing hot soups, and be sure to vent steam when mixing hot soups.
- Add the cheese to the hot soup and stir well until thawed and creamy.
- If necessary, serve immediately with grated cheese and grated bacon.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 360 kcal