This radish beef stew is the definition of pure comfort food! Cook in a slow cooker to make beef and vegetables soft and tender with rich silky sauce … hardly any effort is required! Go home for a delicious dinner and prepare to eat!
Convenient food recipes like this croquette soup are mainly cooked during the cooler months. You can go home to smell of paradise, and dinner is ready to enjoy! We love simple croquette meals like Mongolian beef croquette, this is one of the Comfort Food recipes you should use when having dinner!
As someone who works from home, it is easy to forget the feeling of returning home after work for a full day, but the truth is that you still have to cook. For me, I did not go home because I have always been writing, cooking or making photos, etc.
Nobody went home before visiting this site, because I stayed with my mother at home. However, I can tell you that the night is when I eat dinner in a slow cooker … On those nights before my husband or even his whole body passes through our door, he leaves, “it smells very unpleasant” Great man, I am very hungry! ”
Cooking Tips For Making Crockpot Beef Stew
- Use sturdy potatoes! I love to use baby Yukon gold potatoes. They’re so buttery, yet they are sturdy and hold up well to a full day of cooking in the slow cooker. Plus, there’s no need to peel them, just halve or quarter them after washing.
- Don’t forget to dip some crusty bread into the stew!
- Add your horseradish at different times for different flavor profiles! For a more mild, almost sweet flavor, add the horseradish in with the rest of the slow cooker ingredients and let it cook all day. For a more intense kick, add the horseradish at the end, while you’re thickening up the stew.
- Brown your beef if possible! I know it’s an extra step, but I love the extra flavor it adds!
- Use tomato paste in a tube. Since you only need a little bit for this recipe, I find using tubed tomato paste easier than figuring out what to do with the remaining 5 oz of the can.
Variations Of Beef Stew
- Omit the horseradish – horseradish has a rather unique and strong flavor, which some people just don’t like. No worries, you can omit it in this recipe and have a more classic beef stew!
- Bacon – try cooking some bacon before browning the beef… this will do two things. First, you’ll get yummy crumbled bacon to add on top of your stew later that night. And secondly, the bacon grease will add extra flavor to your beef as it browns!
- Add mushrooms – mushrooms are amazing in beef stew, and we add them most of the time. However I know not everyone is a fan of them, so I left them out of this version.
- Swap the alcohol – if you’re not a beer fan, try using a dry red wine instead. Or if you’re against using any alcohol, you can use an equal amount of beef broth.
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups carrots cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup celery stalks cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup peas
- 1 cup vegetable juice such as V8
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 pounds beef chuck or stewing beef
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme or 2 sprigs fresh
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 sprig fresh
- 3 cups potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Season with mixture of flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pork beef is poured into the flour mixture.
- We divide the meat and onions in the olive oil into small brown batches. Pour some broth into the pan and scrape the brown crumbs.
- Add all ingredients except peas and cornstarch to a 6QT slow cooker.
- Cook for 4-5 hours, or 8-9 hours, or until the meat becomes tender.
- Mix the cornstarch with two tablespoons of water. Stir in the soup a little over time to thick it (you may not need all the mixture). Add peas.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Category: Beef, Main Course, Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6 servings
- Calories: 480
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 503mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 36g
- Cholesterol: 104mg
Keywords: Crockpot Beef Stew