- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs , lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (30g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 200g / 14 tbsp unsalted butter (1 3/4 US sticks)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (175g) brown sugar , loosely packed
- 200 g / 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips (7 oz) (Note 1)
- 180g/6oz dark chocolate block/bar (optional) , chopped into chunks rather than shards, (bittersweet or semi-sweet, cooking chocolate) (Note 2)
ALTERNATIVE STIR IN
- 1.5 cups roughly chopped walnuts (or other nuts)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F (160°C fan pressured).
- Spray a 20cm/8″ square tin with oil and line with baking/parchment paper with overhang (Note 2).
- Place butter and chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl, microwave in 30 second bursts (takes me 1m 30 sec) until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Add sugar and vanilla, blend, then add eggs and blend properly until clean and molten.
- Add flour, cocoa and salt and stir till clean. Stir in chopped chocolate, pour into pan.
- Bake 24 mins for in reality gooey within the centre, 28 mins for fudgey but still very moist, 32 minutes for moist fudge-cake-like.
- If you did not use the greater chocolate for stirring in, lessen cook time through 2 mins.
- Rest for 10 mins earlier than lifting out of the pan. Allow to chill for at least 20 minutes earlier than cutting.
- Chocolate – Use cooking chocolate chips from the baking section of the supermarket, not eating chocolate.
Also use cooking chocolate bars for the add in chunks (though eating chocolate will work here too, just that not all types/brands will melt so you get a smooth molten ooze)
- Lining pan – Have overhang so that you can elevate the brownies out of the tin.
- Storage – airtight field for 4 days, refrigerate best if it is very hot. Or freeze for up to 2 months.
- Nutrition according to brownie, assuming 16 portions, with out more chocolate stir through.
- Serving Size: 48g
- Calories: 212kcal
- Sugar: 15.5g
- Sodium: 98mg
- Fat: 14.5g
- Saturated Fat: 8.9g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
Keywords: Chocolate Brownies! Easy & Delicious ― Adapted From Recipetineats