This chicken zucchini boat recipe is very easy and ideal for a healthy dinner on weekdays. Zucchini boat is a friendly and low-carb ketogen. Stuffed with chicken, marina sauce and cheese for a quick and easy meal.
You can call it the Atkins diet, the South Beach diet, the ketogenic diet or the low-carb diet, and I know many of us are trying to reduce our carbohydrates, especially on weekdays. I like carbohydrates like the next gallon, but I did not give in to that, but I want to eat at least one meal of carbohydrates during the day (usually at dinner). This is why you will see many low-carb recipes on my website and latest version: Chicken Zucchini Boat!
What are the health benefits of zucchini?
Zucchini is an excellent vegetable to incorporate into your diet. Benefits include:
- Lowering blood sugar levels
- Contributes to a healthy heart
- Improves digestion
- Boosts energy
- Aids with weight-loss and weight management
How to Make Stuffed Zucchini Boats
In essence, you can collect meat to make ships and stuff them! This is the important point, but let’s make it clear step by step to make sure it is the best zucchini zucchini boat you dream about! First, cut the zucchini in half and discover the pulp or seeds. Love doing this with melon balls. You can also use regular small spoons.
What do you do with meat? I like to chop it up and add it to stir fry or use it in an omelette. You can also put it in the soup. Never ignore them.
The zucchini will be placed in the oven while we cook chicken, and the chicken will be mixed with salt water.
Then, I guessed it chicken stuffed with zucchini. After that, I sprinkled some parmesan and mozzarella cheeses (great mix!) And put them back in the oven until the cheese melted. Zucchini is cooked at this point, so it takes only a few minutes to melt the cheese.
Before you know it, the recipe is ready!
Top tips to make Chicken Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Use organic chicken breasts that are raised without antibiotics.
- You can make the scoop out the flesh of the zucchini one day in advance to make the recipe quicker the day you’re ready to eat it
- Use a pasta sauce that is low in sodium and added sugar.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container. They will last about 3-4 days in the fridge.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you freeze stuffed zucchini boats?
I do not recommend freezing cooked zucchini boats as they will lose their texture and become tender. However, you can make additional filling and freezing for the next use.
What do you serve with stuffed zucchini boats?
These same marigold boats are appetizing even if they are a balanced diet. If you do not reduce your carbohydrates, you can of course pair them with side potato dishes such as French fries or healthy mashed potatoes.
What can you stuff zucchini boats with?
For best results, please proceed as is. If you want to use chicken instead of ground chicken, turkey or even minced meat, that’s fine. Be sure to check out my quinoa boat too!
Each boat has about 140 calories and loaded with 16 grams of protein! I usually fill up after eating two of them. This is a delicious, low-carb, high-protein, easy-to-mix meal!Print
These zucchini boats are easy to use, friendly ketones, and low in carbohydrates. Stuffed with chicken, marina and cheese for fast and easy meals
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 zucchinis
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup pasta sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 lb. chicken breast cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to four hundred°F.
- To prepare the zucchini, cut the zucchini in 1/2 lengthwise, then use a spoon or melon baller to scoop the center flesh and seeds from the zucchini. Repeat for the last zucchini.
- Place the zucchini in a baking dish or cookie sheet cut-aspect up and gently coat with cooking spray. Place within the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes until the zucchini cooks barely and becomes smooth.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the hen, heat the olive oil in a massive non-stick skillet over medium-high warmth. Add the chicken in conjunction with the seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cook for eight-10 minutes until the chook is cooked through. Add the pasta sauce and cook for an extra 2 mins, stirring sometimes.
- Scoop the fowl mixture into the zucchini boats. Top the hen with parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese. Return the zucchini boats to the oven for five greater minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with clean basil and parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve.
- Storage: Store the remaining materials in sealed containers. The refrigerator will last about 3-4 days.
- Make Ahead: you can hunt zucchini broth a day in advance to make the recipe faster on the day you’re ready to eat.
- Substitutes: For best results, please proceed as is. If you want to use chicken instead of ground chicken, turkey or even minced meat, that’s fine
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 3 servings
- Calories: 284kcal
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 848mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 32g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
Keywords: Chicken Stuffed Zucchini Boats